SAFHR Renter Application Portal
Welcome to the State Assistance for Housing Relief (SAFHR): Renter Application Portal
IMPORTANT APPLICATION NOTES:
- This application portal is for RENTERS seeking assistance for past-due rent, forward rent, and/or utilities. An application portal for LANDLORDS seeking assistance for tenants through the SAFHR program is in development, information will be posted on https://www.mohousingresources.com/SAFHR as it becomes available.
- Use Google Chrome or Firefox web browsers to complete application, use of other browsers, especially Internet Explorer can result in loss of functionality and incorrect or incomplete information being submitted in your application which could result in a delayed processing.
- Applications for for UTILITY ASSISTANCE can be submitted now, but processing for UTILITY ASSISTANCE will not begin before MARCH. Depending on the volume of utility requests, payment of utility requests could take several weeks after processing begins. If an application contain both rent and utility requests, the rental request and the utility request(s) will be processed separately. RENTAL ARREARS and FORWARD RENTAL ASSISTANCE applications will begin processing immediately. Applicants can submit more than one application for assistance, as long as it is not for the same type of request (i.e. rent, electric, gas, etc.) for the same time period.
- For questions regarding your application, contact us here, or call 833-541-1599
For more information on the SAFHR Program and to access:
- Eligibility Information;
- Pre-Application Documents; and
- Application Instructions
Please visit https://www.mohousingresources.com/SAFHR
This project is being supported, in whole or in part, by federal award number ERA-2101112507 awarded to Missouri Department of Economic Development by the U.S. Department of the Treasury. The Missouri Housing Development Commission is administering this project on behalf of the Missouri Department of Economic Development.